My Products
Help
AslakDevinco
CONTRIBUTOR **

Unexpected behaviour in lineNbr for the SalesOrder entity when deleting/adding order lines?

by AslakDevinco

Hi, 

I noticed via testing how Visma.net deals with line number (lineNbr) for the SalesOrder entity when deleting and adding a new order line. In some cases the lineNbr property is reset to the value of a deleted order line. I wonder if this is expected behaviour? 

This has some unfortunate consequences for our integration, as we keep the lineNbr property as part of the unique orderLine "id" from Visma in our system. So if the value of lineNbr stays unchanged after deleting an orderline and adding a new one, the "link" between the order line in our system and the order line in Visma is basically broken. 

Attached is two json-files (dumps from Postman) illustrating the problem. The file "initWithOneOrderLine" contains the sales order in its initial state with one order line. 

The file "lineOneDeletedLineTwoAdded" contains the sales order after the initial order line is deleted and a new order line is added. As you can see, the value of the lineNbr property is 1 in both cases, whereas I would expect it to have a value of 2 after line 1 was deleted and a new line was added. Is this expected behaviour?

Regards, 

Aslak Kvestad, Devinco AS

21 REPLIES 21
AslakDevinco
CONTRIBUTOR **

This happens for some of our customers, i.e. more (if not all) companies. 

Ok, I'll try the ERP support. 

Thank you!