Mijn Communities
Help
EchterIng
CONTRIBUTOR ***

BTW should not be calculated for my orders outside of NL

door EchterIng

Hi there,

According to my tax consultant, I don't have to charge BTW on orders that I send to other countries within Europe. 

I'm trying to book one sales order which should not include tax but it works only partially. Here is a screenshot:

Screenshot 2019-05-09 14.15.45.png

The line items show up without tax which is correct. But the total adds VAT. How can I get those EUR 7.23 out of the total?

Thanks!

Inge

9 ANTWOORDEN 9
Francisco
CONTRIBUTOR ***

door Francisco

Hi Echtering

Did you manage to find the answer for this question?

I am in the same situation now and I dont know whether I should go for:

1)Use my article with 0% VAT so that in invoice it does not count VAT

2)Change my sales categories and create an additional of 0% for BELGIUM

Would be great if you can share how you managed to solve this.

Anonymous
Niet van toepassing

door Anonymous

If the customer has a valid BTW/VAT number and that number is added to the customers data in your visma system then Visma does not add BTW/VAT to the order.

EchterIng
CONTRIBUTOR ***

door EchterIng

Thanks for your response. That is good to know. But I'm not selling to companies and I'm not asking private people for their Tax Number. I just don't have to calculate tax for orders that are shipped outside of NL.

Because I'm below the European limits for that.

So I need to know how to book that accordingly without adding a tax number.

Goedgekeurde oplossing
EMulleners
CHAMPION ***

door EMulleners

I have checked this recently for a customer with  the tax authorities and a tax agency, you can use a separate sales category and link that to a stock item, and exclude the linked invoice sales account in the tax report. That will exclude this part of your sales from the VAT declaration.

Francisco
CONTRIBUTOR ***

door Francisco

hi@EMulleners , would you share an example ( or picture) of how the  separate sales category that you suggest would look like? 

Would it be similar to the one by default 0% goods category that exist already?

thanks

Goedgekeurde oplossing
EMulleners
CHAMPION ***

door EMulleners

Francisco,

In the screenshots below you can see how to exclude certain GL accounts from the VAT declaration by using a different sales category. You are correct, this is similar to the setup of VAT 0% but you need to exclude based on a GL account.

Sales category.pngSetup GL account excluded from VAT.png

Francisco
CONTRIBUTOR ***

door Francisco

Hi @EMulleners , thanks for the pictures, it is more clear how to create a new sales category and new GL account. But i assume this new category with 0% VAT or no VAT would be for invoices to companies ( when I have their VAT number).

Question: If I only sell to private individuals ( people without VAT number), and being below the limit threshold to Belgium, I Know I am obliged to send invoices with dutch VAT 21%. So in that case, what it is recommended? Option A) or B)

A) Continue using the default sales category for Goods > VAT code High Tariff 21% (that i currently use to my Dutch customers) 

B) Create a new sales category e.g. Goods Belgie > select VAT code 21% >Select verkooprekeningen like in the picture below.

Screenshot at Apr 09 18-13-18.png

thanks

EMulleners
CHAMPION ***

door EMulleners

Option A is correct. 

Goedgekeurde oplossing
Anonymous
Niet van toepassing

door Anonymous

Hello,

The company I work for sells to both companies and private people all over the world and I have been told it works as follows. 

Private people inside the EU have to pay BTW/VAT so Visma needs to calculate this in the invoice.

Private people outside the EU don't have to pay tax and Visma does not calculate tax with those invoices.

If you are sure that you don't need to calcuati BTW/VAT then you need to create a debitor in Visma under witch you create these invoices and connect that debitor to a country outside the EU. For instance Norway. Then you will get what you want.