My Products
Help
SierdW
PARTNER

End old authentication method September 2023?

by SierdW

We understand from the office in the Netherlands that the old/current authentication will end in September 2023 and that all integrations will have to run via the developer portal from that date. I have not seen this date here on the developer forum before.

Questions I have are:

• Is September 2023 really correct as the end date for the old authentication?
  • Where could I have read September 2023, why don't I see anything about this on this developer forum or in the release notes?
  • Why is this term so short in contrast to the introduction of the SalesOrder Api that was announced more than a year in advance?
1 REPLY 1

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

Currently, we have only stated that we want to start removing the old authentication method in Q3/4.

There is no set date at the moment, as soon as we have a date or more information we will post the information on the forum.

In regards to the notificaition period, the post mentioning the new method and our wish to move away from the current solution was posted the 7th of December.

As per our policy regarding breaking changes we strive to inform all ISV's via the forum at least three months prior to the change.

Generally this period is longer, you can read more about this here: Notifications regarding breaking changes in the Production environment 

The NextGen SalesOrder API was in a different position when it was announced and still is. 

It was made available early with only a few endpoints to allow for the community to be involved in shaping the functionality of the new service.