Mine områder
Hjelp
Mamut One
Mamut One Mamut One expand navigation
Gunhild Christensen1
CONTRIBUTOR *

Problem with deleting inactive customers after import

av Gunhild Christensen1

We have a problem with Mamut Business Software (Mamut Enterprise E5, online version).

While importing the orders to the system using the GBAO10 .csv method I chose a wrong file encoding and it changed all the Norwegian characters to "?". In effect, the program created over 140 duplicate customers with new customer numbers. I then tried to remove them but the only option was to "inactivate" those customers, then I cancelled the orders associated with those wrong customers.

My initial questions are:

1. Is it possible to somehow remove those 140 inactive customers? 

2. Is it possible to restore the whole Mamut database to the state from 2 days ago? Are there any automatic backups in the cloud?

Furthermore, after I made the customers inactive every time I try to import new orders with the proper encoding, proper customer name and customer number Mamut somehow associates the order with the "new", inactive customer rather than with the old, correct one. Changing the name of the inactive customer and address to "xxx" does not help so that I assume Mamut somehow remembers the order-customer association. Is there any method to fix that?

Our customer number: 877562

1 SVAR 1
Morten Heide
VISMA

av Morten Heide

Hello

A contact (customer and/or vendor) can only be deleted if no related activity (order, invoice, purchase, activity, etc.) are registered and linked now or previously to this contact.  If they have been involved with such activity, the delete symbol/button will be inactive and your only choice is to set the contact inactive.

Before importing, we always recommend creating a backup in Mamut, because of accidents like this.  It is a fast and easy way out of something, in some cases, very time-consuming error corrections.

The delete/remote function can only be used on one contact at a time.  
If none (!) of the contact have been used (like mention above), we can create a script that deletes an interval of contact numbers.  Such script cost 1300, - ex. vat NOK to develop.

Mamut has an internal backup system that the users can use.  As default, it will ask the last user logging of Mamut if he want to create a backup.  The user can if wishes, decline. Then there will be now backup.
The backup, if created, is stored locally on the computer the user have designated for this.  Default is the computer Mamut is running on, or in a multi user environment, on the server.  There is no cloud backup system included in Mamut.

However, we deliver freely with a Mamut license a separate program called Mamut Online Backup that can, if installed and configured correctly by the user, upload files chosen by the user of the computer to a server farm we host. Mamut backup files can be included in this. Only if the program is running and setup to do so.  With this program you will need a Mamut-Key, which the user have chosen encryption key.  Without that, the data can not be downloaded.  If you do not know that that key is or never heard of it, chances are you don’t have Mamut online backup in use.

Regarding the import of new orders, it would seem that either the import file is with errors or the users running the minimized is inputting wrong settings.  When duplicate customers, it is important that you make Mamut compare import contact-info with contact number, not name.  Name is not unique, number is.  It is chosen below where you chose import file.

Best regards,
Morten H - Mamut Support