Mine områder
Hjelp
Mattxxxl
CONTRIBUTOR **

OrdersR.EDI Import Special Characters

av Mattxxxl

Hi

Does anyone know how we can change the settings so that Visma EDI imports an OrdersR.EDI file with Special Characters in.  Currently we have a file like this:-

H;1;6;33202;1;Hülya Akbas;Steinechtweg ;;Itingen;No Region 
L;1;18000650BLKPIN;Sistema Set of 2 Tritan Active Bottles 800ml Black and Pink;1;16.5;603
L;2;CARRIAGE;Carriage Cost;1;2.9;603

But when the name imports it comes into Visma like this:-

Hülya Akbas

As the products are shipped internationally we need a host of special characters, any suggestions welcome. 

Many Thanks

Matt

3 SVAR 3
TrondLu
CONTRIBUTOR ***

av TrondLu

Try ANSI

Mattxxxl
CONTRIBUTOR **

av Mattxxxl

Tried lots of options the import file is in UTF-8 and contains the accented characters but they get converted when we import them.

Frode_Antun
PARTNER

av Frode_Antun

UTF-8 is a multibyte character set, where the first 128 characters are represented by a single byte. Other characters, like ü are represented by two, three or four bytes (ü actually by two bytes). When importing to VBus you have to use a singlebyte character set, that is ANSI - using default locale/codepage, often Windows-1252. Then the characters are represented by the same codevalues as VBus suppose they are. The first 128 characters are represented by the same values in UTF-8 and and most Windows western codepages, so using UTF-8 works fine untill you run into characters like ü.

Gå til de områdene du ønsker å legge til og velg "Legg til i Mine områder"