My Products
Help

BREAKING CHANGE: accessing company tables

by Marius Bancila

I am writing this to inform you that we plan to release a breaking change in the schema related to accessing system tables.

Today, you can query (and mutate) them as follows (example with the company table):

query
{
  company
  {   
    items
    {
      name
    }
  }
}

This works in some contexts but not in the following situations:

• you are using a system-to-system scenario. That means you requested an access token using a client ID and a client secret. We are not able currently to retrieve the Visma.net customer number from such a token. Therefore, we cannot know what database to query.
  • you have access to more than one customer, in which case we do not know which one you intend to use for querying.

In order to make these scenarios work, we will have to introduce a context similar to the one used for querying company tables where you specify the customer number. This will look as follows:

query
{
  useCustomer(no: 99999)
  {
    company
    {
      items
      {
        name
      }
    }
  }
}

We believe this is unlikely to affect too many integrations and the sooner we introduce this change the better.

If you will be affected by this change, then please let us know so we can plan ahead.

4 REPLIES 4

by Marius Bancila

This breaking change in the schema has been released to production.

Here it is documented: https://docs.business.visma.net/docs/schema/queries/query 

Florian Haase
PARTNER

by Florian Haase

When will this change go in production? We are trying to make some integrations here based on service authorization where we need access to the system-tables and just now we are a bit stuck on that...

Florian

by Marius Bancila

I expect this to happen at the end of the next week.

omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus

This is good news! Thank you!