My Products
Help
tommy nilsen
PARTNER

Upload document to voucher (again)

by tommy nilsen

What are the size limitations when uploading
documents to Incoming Accounting Document Attachment ?

I get this message when uploading a 3.5 MB document :
Response status code does not indicate success: 413 (Request Entity Too Large)

6 REPLIES 6
Florian Haase
PARTNER

by Florian Haase

I guess that the limitation already hits on a layer above the API, for example on the webserver? - it does not look like a client limitation since we get a HTTP-Responsecode...

omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus

The limitation is enforced in the reverse proxy.

by Marius Bancila (Updated ‎06-09-2023 17:02 by Marius Bancila VISMA )

When you upload a file, you must encode it using base64 encoding. In general, that increases the size by 1/3. So a 3.5MB file would end up with a ~ 4.7MB payload. That is well under the 15MB limit we have.

But can you check the actual size of the request?

tommy nilsen
PARTNER

Yes, the file is encoded using base64 encoding.
The actual size of my last request , that failed , was 7.62 MB

by Øyvind Årseth

Hi @tommy nilsen 

The current limit on message size is set at 15 MB, for the total request including attachments. Could you please try again, and provide the traceID from the API-response, then we'll investigate what happens backend. 

tommy nilsen
PARTNER

Her er meldingen vi får tilbake

<html>\r\n<head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head>\r\n<body>\r\n<center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center>\r\n<hr><center>nginx</center>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n