My Products
Help
omelhus
PARTNER

Model lookup using SQL

by omelhus (Updated ‎06-12-2022 12:30 by omelhus PARTNER )

Hey friends,

I've made a site where you can search for SQL names and get the corresponding Visma Business Model names in return. Click the copy-icon besides the table name to copy the visible fields into clipboard.

Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 12-25-37 Visma Business NXT Model Lookup.png

This is what will be copied to the clipboard in this example

productNo # ProdNo
description # Descr
defaultSalesUnits # StSaleUn

Check it out at https://convert.vbnxt.rocks/.

If you find any bugs or have any ideas for improvement, let me know!

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus (Updated ‎28-04-2023 10:19 by omelhus PARTNER )

Hey,

Time for another update here.

I've added support for ChatGPT, and you can now get help with converting your SQL queries into GraphQL queries. Go to https://model.vbnxt.rocks/ai and add your openai key and get suggestions on how to convert your queries. I highly recommend you use GPT-4 as gpt-3.5-turbo will struggle with longer sql queries.

It will goof up sometimes (many times..), but just paste the error message you get from the API and it will adjust the suggested query.

by David Tandberg-Johansen

Cool tool.

Is it possible to query the GraphQL API on SQL Name  and get the API field name?

Would you share how?

omelhus
PARTNER

Hey,

I'm not quite sure what you mean? You can't use SQL names with the GraphQL API, and that's why I've made this tool. It makes it much easier to convert from legacy systems to vb nxt.

You can either paste a SQL query or you can just use it to lookup different tables or fields that you need. If you have a different use case that I haven't thought of, just let me know 🙂

Cheers

omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus

Hey,

An update on the Visma Business Model Browser.

* You can now copy whole tables to clipboard. Hold down shift or control if you feel nostalgic and want the Sql names as aliases.

* It now shows if a value is read-only or not accessible at all

* Fields with a text type now shows the text type number

* Enum fields has the option to list the available values for that field

* Flag fields has the option to list the available values and calculate the correct value based on the selected flag. You can also enter a value to see what flags are active on a field.

Cheers