My Products
Help
AndreasDevDotNet
CONTRIBUTOR ***

Tool for export and import layouts

by AndreasDevDotNet

Hi, we have created a set of custom layouts for one customer and would like to export these layouts and import them to another customer.

Is there a tool for this ?

If not are you planning of releasing a tool for this ?

I know I can get them via the API but as we are probably going to do this quite often either we need to create our own tool, but if there is a tool available from Visma it is better.

7 REPLIES 7
AndreasDevDotNet
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by AndreasDevDotNet

The one thing missing is that I would like to copy layouts from one customer to another with diffrent Visma Connect accounts

omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus

Introducing the Layout Library for Business NXT!

Visibility of shared layouts have three levels. Public are listed and searchable for everyone, unlisted are not searchable, but you can send your customers a direct link to the layout and they will be able to install it. Private are private. Only you can access those.

You share a new layout by clicking the "Upload layout" button and selecting the layout you want to share. The default visibility is Private, and you change that by pressing the edit button.

https://nxt.ninja/library

Layout Library for BNXTLayout Library for BNXT

omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus

Yeah, totally agree.

My plan is to implement cross-account sharing of both layouts and packages/folders of layouts.

This has just been a weekend-project of the "I wonder if this is possible"-kind for now, so I can't promise any dates for when this will become available.

Contact me on ole@on-it.no if Pector might be interested in funding the development of said features. I'd love to be able to set aside time to do it. This goes for any other ISV that reads this as well 🙂

omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus

I've started the work on a "Layout Library" where you'll be able to share layouts publicly or privately as needed. I'll let you know when I have more updates.

AndreasDevDotNet
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by AndreasDevDotNet

Hi just a question we: tried the "Window Copier" and we got a 404 error page 😀 ?

/Andreas

Accepted solution
omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus

My bad! (like there's anybody else to blame)

I had renamed a route, and forgotten about it in a fairly important place. It's fixed now - just refresh the site.

Accepted solution
omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus

I've created a tool for this over at https://nxt.ninja/

Skjermbilde 2024-04-03 kl. 17.30.16.png