My Products
Help
Kjetil Ringstad
PARTNER

Updating table orderDocument

by Kjetil Ringstad

Hi

We need to update the group fields in the orderDocument table, but it doesn't seem to have any available methods to do this the same way you would update the order table.

What is your suggestion on how to do this?

4 REPLIES 4

by Marius Bancila

GraphQL exposes the data model and operations on it (reads, inserts, updates, deletes, processings, etc.) as defined by Visma Business. It's the same model that's available for the desktop version of the app.

For each table, we define access for these four operations:

• read
  • insert
  • update
  • create

Some tables have restrictions. the OrderDocument table is one of these. The insert and update operations are restricted, nobody can have access to them. Therefore, they are not exposed in GraphQL.

Perhaps there is a processing that performs the operation you are looking for but I cannot advise you on this matter.

petwob
PARTNER

by petwob

Group fields are often used in external integrations in On-Prem installations. Using them i.e. as status fields outside the logic of VB client by direct updates via SQL.
As a workaround in NXT I thought using one of the FreeInf tables to save OrderDocumentNo, but this field is missing from the schema? (and of course also relation to OrderDocument)

by Marius Bancila

You want to use the OrderDocumentNo field from which table? There is no such field in the FreeInformation1 table, for instance.

petwob
PARTNER

by petwob

You're right,
I was tricked by my own DME extension, including this field in FreeInfx tables ...