My Products
Help
AnttiTaikaIT
CONTRIBUTOR ***

API Inventory / Posting Class error

by AnttiTaikaIT

Hi!

I've been creating items with API POST Inventory. 

Now I get error 

"Error creating inventory. Error: 'Posting class' cannot be empty."

I do not know what I should enter into Posting Class nor could my client help with this.

Any ideas how to avoid setting Posting Class?

--Antti

5 REPLIES 5

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

Posting class is a mandatory field, so you can't avoid it:

2022-08-19 11_48_05-Stock items - Brave.png

Posting class(From the ERP documentation):

The posting class of the stock item, which by default is the posting class assigned to the item class.
You can select another posting class for the item.
You use the Posting classes (IN206000) window to define posting classes and their properties.

The default item classes will have this field set, if you need more help on how to setup posting classes we recommend that you get in contact with your partner service.

Thank you.

AnttiTaikaIT
CONTRIBUTOR ***

Okay... I'm trying to create non-stock items. Are the rules the same with them?

--Antti

Accepted solution
Magnus Johnsen
VISMA

Yes, posting class is mandatory for all items:

2022-08-19 14_54_08-Non-stock items - Brave.png

The posting classes are generally tied to stock/non-stock and then the VAT rate of the item. 

If you are unsure of what rules are applied to the posting classes you have, we recommend having at look at the screen for Posting Classes mentioned in post above, or just looking at other items of the same sort. 

AnttiTaikaIT
CONTRIBUTOR ***

Okay! 

I'll figure this out with my client. Thanks for clarification on the field.

This field seems to have changed to mandatory within a month. Was it mentioned in release notes? I tried to find it in recent release notes, but found nothing about Inventory API.

Thank you very much!

--Antti

I can say with certainty that it has been mandatory at least since November 2021, but it has most likely been mandatory since long before that.

When set up in the itemclass, you would most likely not think about it as it gets populated from the itemClass.