My Products
Help
Flashnode-developers
CONTRIBUTOR *

Any limits in product codes?

by Flashnode-developers

Are there any limits regarding product codes? When I am adding them via UI, I can add products where product code is "free_shipping" or "freeshipping" (both exist in our demo, no error when adding via UI)

When I am trying to add an order via API, the "free_shipping" product results always in an error

{
"message": "Error: Inserting 'Sales order line' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors.\r\nThe specified inventory ID or alternate ID cannot be found in the system.\r\nError: 'Undership threshold %' cannot be empty.\r\nError: 'Overship threshold (%)' cannot be empty.\r\n"
}

I have tried to set the product codes in lines.inventoryId and lines.inventoryNumber, both result in the same error.

So underscores are not allowed in product codes? Anything else we should be aware of? The documentation in swagger said only "string"

-Maria

2 REPLIES 2
Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello, underscore (_) is used as whitespace identifier in the Financials ERP UI, therefore system doesn't allow assigning that. 

stockItem.jpgunderscore_Postman.jpg

If you have items, please send us a print screen from the UI and GET Inventory response where we can see the returned Inventory Number. So that you can also try using Method for getting resources with reserved characters - B64URL Encoding

Flashnode-developers
CONTRIBUTOR *

Thanks, ok now I get it. I had created the product with the code "free_shipping" but it was apparently translated and added to database as "free shipping".

So ok, good to know that we can't use those without the 64 encoding