My Products
Help
Michel V
CONTRIBUTOR ***

Customerpayments query filtering limitations

by Michel V

Hello,

Currently we are experiencing some filtering limitations on the API. Our problem is with the options that are provided in the "CustomerPayment" endpoint. Our usecase is: "Get all the unallocated payments, payments with a balance". So we are interested in the payments with a status of "Open".
This administration has about half a million customer payments and only 25 of them are, at this time of writing, open. The only way to get this 25 is to query all the pages and filter on status manually, which takes a long time and the total amount of customer payments is only growing.
i've also tried the "orderBy" filter, but this one seems to do nothing. It states "Enter field to order your records by." but when i try for example "status" or "availableBalance" it does nothing.

Two months ago i created an idea here to expand the possibiltites of filtering.

I am also wondering if there is maybe an other way i can get these payments. I have tried the customer/balance endpoint for example. The idea was so i can filter on customerID, but this endpoint dus not give me the response i need to calculate if a customer has open payments.

This is one endpoint but for example the supplierpayments has the same issue of a lack of filtering possibilities. 

6 REPLIES 6
SierdW
PARTNER

by SierdW

Hi Suzdar or other Visma collegue. I'll give it another try:

Our created integration for this customer is currently on hold because quering the 25 records Michel mentioned takes > 5 hours and has to be updated multiple times per day. Can you give an indication or timeline for a resolution (eg. adding the server side fitering) so we can inform the customer?

by Suzdar Ibrahim

Hi there!

I've sent this case to one of our developers so we can get it a bit higher on the priority list. I don't have any date on when this will be resolved, but I'll make sure to update this thread when I have new info on the release for this fix.

- Suzdar

SierdW
PARTNER

by SierdW

Hi Suzdar,

Thanks for the update. 

Sierd

SierdW
PARTNER

by SierdW

Hi Suzdar. Our created integration for this customer is currently on hold because quering the 25 records Michel mentioned takes > 5 hours and has to be updated multiple times per day. Can you give an indication or timeline for a resolution (eg. adding the server side fitering) so we can inform the customer?

by Suzdar Ibrahim

Hi Michel,

I'd suggest this to check:

Do a request to this endpoint to check the balance on the customer & supplier
/controller/api/v1/customer/{customerCd}/balance
/controller/api/v1/supplier/{supplierCd}/balance

Then return the list with open documents with this endpoint:
/controller/api/v1/customer/{customerNumber}/document

/controller/api/v1/supplier/{supplierNumber}/document

I will create a case for this feature in our backlog.

Thanks for the feedback.

- Suzdar

Michel V
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Michel V

Hi Suzdar,

Thanks for reply!
The problem is that if a customer has an open unallocated payment of let's say 500 euro and an open invoice of the same amount the balance will be 0. We are interested in those payments so our dataset could be incomplete.