My Products
Help

Data contract for Dimension PUT is incorrect and breaks tooling

by ReinderReinders

The API specification for https://integration.visma.net/API/controller/api/v1/dimension PUT  is incorrect.

The documentation states that the response code on a successful call is either 204 on a direct operation, or 202 for a background operation:

"responses": {
          "204": {
            "description": "NoContent",
            "schema": {
              "type": "object"
            }
          },
          "202": {
            "description": "Server accepted and queued the request for background execution.",
            "schema": {
              "$ref": "#/definitions/BackgroundApiAcceptedDto"
            }
          }

However when executing an actual operation (Update in this case), as can be seen here the response code is 200:

ReinderReinders_0-1683882346907.png

Not only does this mean that the API Specification document does not correctly specify the contract for the API (a bad sign since all the documentation points to the API specification document as the only source for information concerning the API - I find it concerning that it is not accurate), but this also breaks the tooling (Nswag Studio) that I use to generate a Client for interacting with this API.

Kindly fix this issue and evaluate the other data contracts. The size of this API (50+ entities, more than 200 distinct operations) means that it is not feasible to manually implement all the API calls required. Myself and presumably most others will therefore be reliable upon tooling such as NSwag Studio, which requires the API specification to be correct.

1 REPLY 1

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

We'll lift this with the development team.

Thank you.