My Products
Help
Kanyar Mahmoud
PARTNER

Error creating journal transaction

by Kanyar Mahmoud

Hello,

We have an integration made for our customer so that they can import the contents of an excel file as a journal transaction in Visma.net. Sometimes the customer gets this error message from the API:

{"message":"VismaId: f203b1a2-120c-4d9c-bb33-af9f53d729c3. Error creating journal transaction. Data received not recognized as JournalTransactionUpdateDto\r\nValue cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: JournalTransaction"}

The weird part about this is that when they try again with the exact same file and no changes it goes through without the error. So apparently this has happened quite a few times and solves itself by retrying. What is the cause of this error, is it a bug in the API?

Regards Kanyar

3 REPLIES 3
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello Mahmoud, I assume this is a POST operation where the JSON has been created based on the fields selected in the excel file. 

This error might be related to the JT number used in consecutive requests, so do you know what is the interval between POST requests ? 

Kanyar Mahmoud
PARTNER

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, i never got a notification that you replied. Yes your assumption is correct. And i don't think it's related to consecutive requests because it is the first JT we try to create that fails. The next one gets created instantly (after 6 ms) right after without failing. So we have no delay between the creation of the JT's, but it is the first one that fails so consecutive requests shouldn't be the problem. 

Yıldırım
VISMA

If it's only the first request, then I'd recommend debugging the payload to see what values constructed in the payload for the first object created from the excel data.