My Products
Help

Error message when posting Journal Transaction

by Eirik Morken - Proplan AS

Hi 🙂
Using endpoint: 

Out of 450 posts in a row with some degree of parallel posting to journal transactions 1 failed with the following error message.

"body": {
        "message": "VismaId: 0942ef6b-a2d7-4094-92a1-7cb6eb38111a. Error creating journal transaction. Error: Another process has added 'Batch'. Try again."
    }

Does this mean that there is a risk of journal transaction posting failing if we don't queue them one by one?

4 REPLIES 4
adrianm
PARTNER

by adrianm

Don't know if this is the case here but in the past the error message "Another process has added X" actually meant: "The backend failed for some unknown reason".

Unless Visma says "Our API is not capable of handling simultaneous requests" I'd see this as a problem on their side and treat it as any other failed request (i.e. retry).

KonsultVn
CHAMPION ***

by KonsultVn

Hi i'm experiencing a similair issue with "Another process XXXXX" when using this endpoint. It cant be related to simulatenous requests since if tried manual stepping and adding in task.delay(20000). There shouldnt be anything wrong with the data or the environment configuration since it succedes sometimes and fails sometimes with the exact same input data. Overall the success rate is low which stops the customer from going live with the integration.

'{"message":"VismaId: fc051b52-eb0c-4c6e-a64f-19ffcd2c5410. Error creating journal transaction. Error: Another process has added 'CADailySummary'. Your changes will be lost."}'

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hi,could you please share your payload with us ? (developersupport@visma.com) 
Thanks.

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎09-03-2022 15:16 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hello, 

Even though parallel request failure margin is low (450:1) in your case, we recommend adding some short delay in between those requests to avoid this kind of problems.