My Products
Help

Error updating supplierClassId of Supplier

by René van Reekum

Hello,

One of our customers works with independent contractors. A contractor can change the country where they work, and in that case different VAT rules apply. 

Our customer uses several Supplier classes for the different VAT situations and through the API wants to set the supplierClassId of the suppliers/creditors accordingly.

We have now encountered a situation where the update of the supplierClassId fails regularly. 

We've tested this with:

{
"supplierClassId": {
"value": "ZZPNL"
},
"overrideWithClassValues": true
}

And the response is:

{
"message": "VismaId: 3f3af37e-ee71-4b27-bca8-bd2a719b40ce. Error updating the supplier. Error: Another process has deleted 'Address'. Your changes will be lost."
}

Can you please give us an idea of what could be the reason for this message?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

by René van Reekum

I asked the customer and they now need to update a supplier manually sometimes, because the updates through the API are now failing. But the updates still fail for example when the API sync is done at night when no one is working in Visma.net.

I will put the complete supplier request in a separate post.

Yıldırım
VISMA

Hei Rene, I've received the email so that we'll check and inform you accordingly.
Thanks ! 

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hi Rene, 

In some instances, I've had the same problem also via Financials ERP UI 
Supplier classes.jpg

are you constantly receiving the same error for the same operation, or is it supplier dependant ? 
Have you also tried overriding it via UI with Apply Restrictions acton via the class ? 

This can be related to the company so that we might need help from ERP core side to clarify. 

Hi Yildirim,

De customer's application daily syncs all suppliers data with Visma.net.   The errors don't always occur. The last few days the updates worked for all suppliers and yesterday they started failing again for all suppliers.

I created a new test supplier through the UI, and with this I can change the supplierClassId as many times a I want. 

I also added a new supplier though the API, and with this I can change the supplierClassId also without problems.

With one of the real suppliers, I've now tried this:

- PUT with a different supplierClassId --> fails

- PUT with the same supplierClassId as I can see in the UI --> works !

- PUT with a different supplierClassId --> this now also works

I haven't tried the Apply Restrictions from the UI, because that will only change suppliers that have that particular ClassId assigned to it, right?

Hopefully, you can find where the "Error: Another process has deleted 'Address'. " comes from?  What address would that be then?  

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎22-06-2023 14:54 by Yıldırım VISMA )

What are the odds that they're working on the Supplier Cards meanwhile the Update requests are being sent ? 
This should be the main address of the supplier, have they also recently updated Country - Post Code etc ?  

I've now tested sending 100 consecutive PUT Supplier ClassID request with overriding, and it went through in my test application company.  

Also, what is the exact field/s that you'd like to update with the suppliers ?