My Products
Help
KonsultVn
CHAMPION ***

Fetching of currency rates in a responsible way

by KonsultVn

Hi!
I am currently looking into fetching currency rates from /controller/api/v2/currencyrate.

I noticed that the only parameters available which narrows the output of currency rates are "toDate" and "fromDate". I could simply fetch currency rates on a daily basis and only fetch the rates which are new for the day given that I use toDate and fromDate in tandem with the the date of the fetch.

How am I supposed to be able to update previous days currency rates without fetching all available rates from all available dates and compare to a previous fetch to distinguish which rates are updated? What I really am wondering is, is there any way to have a parameter with "last modified date" or similar to fetch all rates which have been updated since I previously fetched data?

1 REPLY 1

by Yıldırım

Hello, 

@KonsultVn wrote:

How am I supposed to be able to update previous days currency rates without fetching all available rates from all available dates and compare to a previous fetch to distinguish which rates are updated? What I really am wondering is, is there any way to have a parameter with "last modified date" or similar to fetch all rates which have been updated since I previously fetched data?

we'd recommend creating an Idea to expose "LastModifiedDateTime" via Currency Endpoint. Regarding the fetching, If I understand the scenario correctly, using the effective date for daily updates should be able to allow you to filter it day by day without need of fecthing historical currency rates.  About historical currency rates