My Products
Help
guidol
CONTRIBUTOR ***

HTTP 400 Bad Request answers

by guidol

We seldom to never receive HTTP 400 Bad Request errors on Visma.net API. Starting February 2, we have seen an increasing quantity of errors. Few on February 2, 4, 5 and 6. Approximately 10 times more on February 3.

The errors are like:

(400) Bad Request. (1875374) En ukjent feil oppstod.

And a sample of the full text is:

{"ExceptionType":"IPPException","ExceptionMessage":"Invalid parameter exception: ipp-company-id","ExceptionFaultCode":"12002","ExceptionMessageID":"12002_12002_2d41db7b-d43c-43ba-96b0-2700d5f5e257","ExceptionDetails":""}

The Bad Requests occurs intermittently across many APIs. We have not seen them yesterday (February 7).

Was there are incident or is there something we must do to avoid these Bad Requests?

3 REPLIES 3
Accepted solution
guidol
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by guidol

My privileges on the forums seem to be flip flopping, leading to disappearing posts/replies. The Bad Requests seem related due to breaking changes in the swagger. I have created a separate topic on the problems with Swagger (can't find it back but maybe it will appear again). I will try to close this topic.

guidol
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by guidol

Yes, that is ensured. It started occurring across a larger  number of Visma.net users and Visma.net subscriptions in various countries at the same day. Previously, they all had a working setup and it only affeects a % of the call. Somehow the frequency of Bad Requests has increased and now lessened again.

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

Please make sure that you have set up the User you are using so that it has "Api user", "Financials User" & "Financials Administrator" on the company that you want to target.

Please let us know if this issue occurs again.