My Products
Help
product_scansys_nl
CONTRIBUTOR **

How to determine vendor currency override setting?

by product_scansys_nl

When creating a new financial entry (Payables > Transactions > Bills and Adjustments) in the GUI it is not possible to select a different currency when this boolean is false: Payables > Registers > Vendors > open/edit a row > General Info > Financial Settings > Enable Currency Override.

When POSTing a SupplierInvoice through the API it however is possible to use a currency that differs from the vendor's currency, even when currency override is not enabled. The entry is created without any errors, perhaps this should yield an error.

But my question is, how can the setting be determined? I could not find it in the supplier end point.

2 REPLIES 2

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

We are looking in to this, it looks like the settings are available for PUT/POST:

2020-11-12 10_26_10-Visma.net Integrations Documentation.png

But not for GET.

Hi,

We can confirm that it is possible to post a supplierInvoice with a currency that is not specified on the supplier independantly on the settings on the supplier and have reported this to the development team.

We will let you know when progress in this case has been made.

Regarding your second point, we have created a new idea and forwarded this to the development team, progress can be followed in this post: Expose "currencyOverride" & "currencyRateOverride" for GET Supplier