My Products
Help
JoLu
CONTRIBUTOR ***

Question regarding GeneralLedgerBalanceV2 and parameter toggleBalanceSigns

by JoLu

Hi,

We have encountered an issue with the new endpoint for account balances which is causing problems for our users. When we previously used the old endpoint we used the parameter toggleBalanceSigns to get the correct sign of the balance for our use, this was first changed from being an int to being an bool which we changed but now we have seen that the sign of the balances that we get is not the same as before and that is due to that when using toggleBalanceSigns = true the only amount that changes the sign is the 

yearToDateBalance but the beginningBalance always have the same sign regardless of what we set the parameter to and in the old endpoint this was not the case. Is this a bug or is it supposed to work like this? If it is supposed to work like this could we just set the amount as -1 * amount and that will work for all types of accounts?
6 REPLIES 6

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

We are not able to reproduce this, in our test, all balances change as per the same setting in the UI:
Not set:

2020-12-09 09_10_54-Balance sheet.png

toggleBalanceSigns=false:

2020-12-09 09_11_35-Postman.png

UI - Swap liability/expense:

2020-12-09 09_12_09-Balance sheet.png

toggleBalanceSigns=true :

2020-12-09 09_12_37-Postman.png

JoLu
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by JoLu

Hi,

If you set the period as the start period of the year you probably get another result I think, try to use 202001 as period and see what you get.

Best regards

Johan

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

We are still not seeing any differences between UI/API, would you be able to procure a screenshot of the report from the UI and the result of your query?

Please specify what parameter is used for both the UI report and the API call.

Thank you. 

JoLu
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by JoLu

Hi,

Can I send the info to an e-mail since it contains customer data and the forum stops me from posting the images due to error about mass postings?

Best regards

Johan

by Magnus Johnsen

Ofcourse, developersupport@visma.com

JoLu
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by JoLu

Thank you, I have sent an e-mail!