My Products
Help

Sales Order V3 sales person / commissions

by Veli-Pekka Rämäkkö

Hi,

I'm looking at Sales order API V3 specifications and it seems to be missing possibility to add a sales person to it. This is required for correct commissions calculations.

V1 supports this but since we are building a new integration we would much rather only use V3.

Any info when we might get sales person as a parameter to Sales Order POST? Or separate POST to new endpoint such as

POST api/v3/salesorders/SO/000101/commissions

-Veli-Pekka

5 REPLIES 5
Joni Wolff
PARTNER

by Joni Wolff

Hi! FYI, we have now started to work on the Commission functionality, so we expect to have this ready within the coming weeks. Please keep update from the release notes that will be posted in the News section.

Hi. Do you have any updates when Commissions functionality might be ready? I saw from the release notes that 24.4. commissionable was added to sales order line item but I believe this alone is not enough for us to start using sales persons in api v3.

Joni Wolff
PARTNER

Hi!

Setting salesperson on the order header and order line is soon finished, will be released most likely by end of the week. What is left after that is the calculation of the commissions in the order. The plan is to have everything done during the next 2 weeks.

Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello, as you've also specified, currently Sales Order Service API doesn't contain all the fields & functions available in the other SalesOrder endpoints. We're leaning towards implementing as much cross coverage as possible so that those old endpoints will not be removed before the full functionality is covered. Hence, we recommend mix usage of the endpoints at the moment based on your application requirements. 

Thanks for the reply. This is unfortunate that we have to use both versions 1 and 3 when posting sales orders to Visma. We do hope that version 1 API will not be removed very soon since we are currently building new integrations that rely on it and we would not like to rewrite that code soon.