My Products
Help

The PUT operation on a Customer to add a DirectDebitLine does not return the ID property

by ReinderReinders

I have PUT a DirectDebitLine (note: is for Netherlands only) on an existing customer in the /api/v1/customer/{customerCd} PUT call. Example PUT body:

{
    "directDebitLines": [
        {
            "bic": {
                "value": "1234"
            },
            "dateOfSignature": {
                "value": "2023-06-01T11:24:06.493Z"
            },
            "iban": {
                "value": "4321"
            },
            "isDefault": {
                "value": true
            },
            "mandateDescription": {
                "value": "demo PUT"
            },
            "mandateId": {
                "value": "1.12"
            },
            "oneTime": {
                "value": true
            },
            "operation": "Insert"
        }
    ]
}

The header of the response does not return any key or ID property for the created record (the way the Customer POST returns the customerCode in the 'Location' Header):

ReinderReinders_0-1685621351205.png

For reference, the property required to update (PUT) a DirectDebitLine is the Id property, which is a GUID. The only GUID in the response header (ipp-request-id) is not the ID of the newly created DirectDebitLine:

ReinderReinders_1-1685621468419.png

So I cannot identify the record I have created in order to later update (PUT/"Update") it, since I have no unique key to identify it by. Doing a GET on Customer with expanded DirectDebitLines returns all the records, but without a primary key I cannot identify which is the record I created.

Please fix this, I would recommend using the Location header, the same way is done on Customer/POST, since this works satisfactorily.

1 REPLY 1

by ReinderReinders

Note: I found another issue relating to this endpoint. Might be efficient for the developers to look at them together: https://community.visma.com/t5/Forum-in-Developers-Visma-net/On-api-v1-customer-expandDirectDebit-tr...