My Products
Help
RonnyV
CONTRIBUTOR ***

Unable to perform action confirmShipment

by RonnyV (Updated ‎02-02-2021 13:38 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hi,

I have a problem now where we fail to perform the action /controller/api/v1/shipment/{shipmentNumber}/action/confirmShipment.

The response we get is

{
"message": "Error confirming shipment: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
}

It works for other customers except this one, but I cannot see what it different here.

The full call that we make is
POST https://integration.visma.net/API/controller/api/v1/shipment/4709289/action/confirmShipment

Can you see if there is something wrong with that call?

Best regards,

Ronny Videkull

4 REPLIES 4
Accepted solution
RonnyV
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by RonnyV

We found the issue to this problem now.

The user/token that used the API did not have the necessary permissions (Financials Administrator & Financials User).

Thank you very much for helping with this.

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎14-12-2020 15:34 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hello,

Unfortunately we can not determine what could be exactly wrong with the shipment by looking to the error returned from the "confirm shipment" action called via API. We recommend trying the same operation in the UI for the document<4709289> that is failed with the API.

In this way, Financials can highlight errors / fields on the component thus you can review the document and retry the operation. 

Thanks.

RonnyV
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by RonnyV

Great, I will let the customer try this. Do you know what that action is named in Swedish in the UI?

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello Ronny, 

In the Financials ERP UI,
ScreenID:SO302000  > Shipment (Utleveranser) > Actions(åtgärder) > Confirm Shipment(Bekräfta Utleverans)

Shipment.png