My Products
Help
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending an invoice to approval through API

by Anonymous

Hi! I believe that it should be possible to send Invoices to Approval through API. Considering that there are endpoints available to create and modify invoices or Credit/debit adjustments, you should have the option of forwarding this directly to Approval. 

As of right now, you can essentially create an invoice, post it in the accounting system AND even change elements in the invoice - which is good. The problem is when you have automated a process that transfers all of the information to Visma and you STILL have to use the UI to send it to approval. It is one of the few things missing in order to make it a fully automated process. 

I have attached a picture of the button that I am referring to. Screen-ID: AP301000

Thank you.

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
by Anonymous

A way of doing that could be to place a new variable in the respose body that is required for the endpoint. 

This PUT endoint is currently used to update a supplier invoice:

https://integration.visma.net/API/controller/api/v1/supplierInvoice/

If there were a part that could perhaps be use to fix it, I think that would solve the issue.

Something along the lines of 

{

"SentToApproval": {
"value": true},

.... }

Was this easy to understand?

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

As this is not currently available via the API, you can read here how to set "Send to Approval" to default in FInancials:

Override Send to Approval as the default action

Anonymous
Not applicable
by Anonymous

Hi,

I've read it, but it won't solve the problem. Mainly for two reasons:

1. We prefer to keep the default option to "on hold" to maintain control of everything that is being posted. Meaning that with this solution, we would have been forced to send everything to approval as the default option, despite the fact we would like to have a different default setting. In other words, we would lose a lot of control and use more time to account for the change of this setting.

2. There are some cases when we create invoices and attach the files through API. This is usually somewhere between 150-300 invoices.It would be a lot easier to specify when a specific invoice could be sent directly or not in the request body, instead of assuming that every invoice can be sent directly to approval. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
by Anonymous

Hi!

I hope that my idea has been taken into further consideration, as it would be an incredibly useful feature. 

Yıldırım
VISMA
by Yıldırım

Hello, 

the idea has not been made its way to the development yet since the prioritization depends on the upvote and other related factors. However, if this is a critical feature for your implementations, we recommend mentioning this to your Partner Service. from your country.

Thanks.