My Products
Help
Johan på Fieldly
CONTRIBUTOR *

How to get given serial number back when making POST calls

by Johan på Fieldly (Updated ‎02-02-2021 13:51 by Yıldırım VISMA )

I've just started to specify an integration towards Visma.net
When you create a customer in our system I would like to create it in Visma.net. Usually when we integrate towards ERPs we let the user decide if the ERP should be master of serial numbers or not.

If the ERP is supposed to be the master of serial numbers, I need to get back what number it was given when created.

Working with other REST API's, the information about the created object is usually returned in the response when making a POST call.

Is there a parameter I can send to get information back in the response or another best practice of how to retrieve serial numbers created in Visma.net when making POST calls?

We will also export invoices and would like to save the given invoice number in our system.

2 REPLIES 2
Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎27-08-2020 15:52 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hello Johan, 

API is following the properties that have been set in the FInancials ERP with Segment Keys(Module) / Number Series (ScreenId=CS202000) therefore we're currently unable to separate used numbering series based on where we realize our transactions. But soon we'll have a new feature implemented to API in 8.25 Version where we'll be able to override numbering series have been set in the Financials ERP while sending transactions via API. (In the first phase, this will be available with particular endpoints. Details can be seen at Visma.net Financials API updates for version 8.25 (September 2020) )

Regarding, finding out the recently created object's Number / ID, this can be retrieved by checking the value of {Location} from HTTP Response Headers.

HttpResponse.GetResponseHeader("location");

Accepted solution
Johan på Fieldly
CONTRIBUTOR *

by Johan på Fieldly

Sorry, found the solution in Knowledge Base. It's in Location parameter in Header