My Products
Help
Florian Haase
PARTNER

Override numberseries

by Florian Haase

Hi,

just testet that with overriding of numberseries and there is an issue: 

If you set the number series to manual and you send the json with "OverrideNumberSeries" to true than the next number in the series is taken and not the manual number. 

(its surely because the check box for allow ovveride numberseries in the series setup is not available when the series are set to manual numbering).

Regards,

Florian

14 REPLIES 14

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

"OverrideNumberSeries" should only have an effect when the series is automatic, and the checkbox to allow it is ticked.

If the series is manual, this setting should not make a difference.

How long time passed between ticking the setting and trying? We have a case in the backlog where there is a delay between when the setting is set and it is in effect from the API.

Florian Haase
PARTNER

Hi,

we were not aware of a time lack here. So we changed the setting and tried. How long should we wait?

Florian

Florian Haase
PARTNER

by Florian Haase (Updated ‎18-09-2020 12:15 by Florian Haase PARTNER )

Hi,

sorry but I can't confirm this. We have changed the number series of customerInvoice about 10 o'clock to manual and it still generates the next number from the series (imported number is 50005). The UI at the same time does not accept to save the invoice without typing a number.

JSon:

{"externalReference":{"value":""},"invoiceLines":[{"operation":"Insert","inventoryNumber":{"value":"ANLBTu"},"description":{"value":"XXXXXXXXXXXX"},"quantity":{"value":1.00000},"unitPriceInCurrency":{"value":999999},"note":{"value":"XXXXXXXXXXX"}}],"overrideNumberSeries":{"value":true},"referenceNumber":{"value":"97389"},"customerNumber":{"value":"111791"},"documentDate":{"value":"2020-09-18T09:33:49.9512213+02:00"},"invoiceText":{"value":"Ordre: 97389"},"branchNumber":{"value":"1"}}

Hi,

Ok, this issue only seems to happen on some companies, it might be a caching issue but as of now we cannot say what the cause is.

In the past the issue has generally dissapeared during the day.

As mentioned, the development team is currently working on the issue and we'll post updates in the case in this thread. 

Florian Haase
PARTNER

OK, 

I see. You mean I should try tomorrow again. I do and will give you a feedback...

Florian

Anonymous
Not applicable

by Anonymous

Is this working now, Florian? We've got feedback from other developers confirming that it works fine.

Florian Haase
PARTNER

by Florian Haase

Its working now.

🙂

Florian

Florian Haase
PARTNER

Sorry, the last answer was wrong unfortunally.

I double checked this once again and I did not set the overrideNumberSeries in the Json. Now, when I set this I get the next running number from the series and that is wrong.

JSon:

{"externalReference":{"value":""},"invoiceLines":[{"operation":"Insert","inventoryNumber":{"value":"ANLBTu"},"description":{"value":"XXXXXXXXXX"},"quantity":{"value":1.00000},"unitPriceInCurrency":{"value":99999},"note":{"value":"XXXXXXXXX"}}],"overrideNumberSeries":{"value":true},"referenceNumber":{"value":"97389"},"customerNumber":{"value":"111791"},"documentDate":{"value":"2020-09-21T12:12:50.6714712+02:00"},"invoiceText":{"value":"Ordre: 97389"},"branchNumber":{"value":"1"}}

that results in a customerinvoice with invoicenumber 50007

The numberseries is still setup with manual numbering.

Florian

AliMKhan
VISMA

by AliMKhan (Updated ‎21-09-2020 15:10 by AliMKhan VISMA )

Just double checking, you are using the overridenumberseries on v2 of customerinvoice right?

From release notes:

Override number series for POST CustomerInvoice V2
You are now able to override the number series of a customer invoice by specifying the field overrideNumberSeries=true when creating a customer invoice. This functionality has to be enabled in the Number series (CS201010) window by selecting option Allow manual numbering on imports. You also can specify a longer customer invoice number when using overrideNumberSeries than what is specified in number series for customer invoice. This option is only available for V2 of the customer invoice endpoint.

Florian Haase
PARTNER

by Florian Haase

Hi Mujahid,

this check box for override numberseries works perfectly when the number series is set to automatical numbering and the option allow override on the series is on. And yes we are consequently using V2 endpoint in all our integrations. The problem is the combination of manual number series and the "Override numberseries" set to true in the Invoice-json. Maybe its such a math-logiq that minus * minus = plus? 

Florian

Hi,

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. We'll report it as unexpected behaviour to the development team.

This shold definitely be looked at, but as with any other field in the JSON, if the field is not being used, we do not recomment sending it. 

Florian Haase
PARTNER

Hi, 

yes thank you. But I hope you understood why we are to doing so even if you not recommend it.

Otherwise we have to introduce a new parameter here in the portal which has to be setup correct dependend on the setup of the number series in Visma.Net. It would be nice and easier if this always would work like expected.

Florian

Hi,

Could you please send us a screenshot of your number series settings?

When you first tested now, you sent it without the overide field in your JSON? Is that correct? What numbering did you get back?

And are you saying that you have "Manual numbering" & "Allow for manual numbering on import"?

Florian Haase
PARTNER

Hei Magnus,

yes you are right. First try I did with "override field" not checked and I got the correct invoice number (97389). Next try I did with "override" checked and I got the next running number within the number series. 

Setup of number series:

skjermbilde.PNG

It is not possible to check both Manual numbering and Allow manual numbering in the UI.

My problem is, that I have one customer import that is used by about 5-7 different integrations. So it would be an advantage if I could always set the "override" to on to get imported my own reference number also if the numberseries is set to manual numbering.

Florian