My Products
Help
SlootweR
CONTRIBUTOR **

Parent Account

by SlootweR (Updated ‎02-02-2021 13:50 by Yıldırım VISMA )

How do I find the PARENT ACCOUNT of a customer, from the CUSTOM GET API I do not get this info, but with the PUT to create a new Customer I need to add this element

7 REPLIES 7

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎14-09-2020 11:58 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Parent Account of the Customer can be fetched via GET > Customer

"parentRecord": {
        "number": "10015",
        "name": "Testname"
    },

POST & PUT 

"parentRecordNumber": {
    "value": "string"
  },

More information: https://integration.visma.net/API-index/

SlootweR
CONTRIBUTOR **

by SlootweR (Updated ‎14-09-2020 12:19 by Yıldırım VISMA )

This is the OUTPUT from CUSTOMER GET, but cannot see any PARENTRecord… Please advise….

(Message has been edited by the moderator: JSON added in the attachment)

by Yıldırım

Please do not send full JSON in the reply but instead in the attachment. If you'd like to GET Parent Account Value then this has to be assigned on the customer.

2020-09-14 12_12_31-Window.png

SlootweR
CONTRIBUTOR **

by SlootweR

Don't have that option in the front end, but also need it at the API end. The API need the ParentAccount to create a new Customer, but the GET API does not show is... Circle complete...haha

Knipsel.PNG

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎14-09-2020 12:31 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Parent-child customer relationship should be enabled on your Visma.net Financials ERP

Enable/Disable Functionalities (ScreenId=CS100000)

2020-09-14 12_21_36-Window.png

You're trying to GET a field from a customer which is not enabled and set on the UI : Customer.

The logic is, any registered customer can be assigned as a parent on the another customer. So, if you'd like to add a parent account to a customer you can first GET ALL Customers and find which one do you want to assign as a parent then you can send PUT / POST request to add this on the desired customer(Child)

Further information can be found at Visma.Net ERP Online Documentation About setting up parent-child relationships

SlootweR
CONTRIBUTOR **

by SlootweR

I fully understand, but this option is not set for our enviroment, why do we still need this parentaccount to setup a new account?? The API demands it...

Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎14-09-2020 13:04 by Yıldırım VISMA )

API does not demand that, this is an optional field which can be used based on preference / workflow.  If you'd like to create(POST) a new Customer without Parent Account Setup you can just skip this field. 

"parentRecordNumber": {
    "value": "string"
  },

POST Customer JSON Example: