My Products
Help

Periodically: Unable to connect to the remote server

by Anders_Traventus (Updated ‎09-03-2021 19:35 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hi,

Since last week we get exceptions as of below periodically on most of our integrations, any one else experience that ?

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 91.123.56.208:443

/Anders

15 REPLIES 15

by Anders_Traventus

Hi,

Last week we have been seeing timeouts from Azure again, mostly this time for adding segmentvalues.

Ex 

PUT

https://integration.visma.net/API/controller/api/v1/dimension/SUBACCOUNT/3

Body

{
  "segmentValues": [
    {
      "operation""Insert",
      "value""03023067",
      "description": {
        "value""Testdata"
      },
      "active": {
        "value"true
      }
    }
  ],
  "dimensionId""SUBBACOUNT",
  "segementId"3
}

When running it local we get a quick answer, but in the functions runtime in azure we get timeouts. Can you check if some of the above might have arisen again ?

/Anders

Hi Again,

Think we found something at our side now so you can ignore the message above.

/Anders

Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎04-03-2021 15:19 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hello, 

The number of threads has been increased in the corresponding server.
If you've set a timeout on the client side, It'd be good if you could increase that. 

Please monitor your logs in the next few days and let us know if it helped. Thanks.

Hi,

We haven't seen any more of the these errors, so it seams to have been solved.

/Anders

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello, 

can you please inform us about your Outgoing IPs and Azure Region ?

Azure region i North Europe. and IP:s should be 

40.69.210.172,52.178.188.172,40.69.207.177,52.178.179.11,52.178.180.48,52.138.205.122,52.169.216.46

/Anders

Yıldırım
VISMA

Thanks. Also, what is the service plan ? 

The service plan is PremiumV2

by Anders_Traventus

Any news on this problem? We see it continuously and it seams to be isolated to the SalesOrder endpoint. The integrations runs in Azure and the problem I refereed about one year ago I think was related somehow to routing from Azure. 

by Magnus Johnsen (Updated ‎04-03-2021 11:40 by Magnus Johnsen VISMA )

Hi,

Are these salesOrders with a high amount of lines?

Also, what is your current timeout set to?

Is there anything else in the error than your initial post?

Could you please send us your API client ID, ip-addresses as well as a couple of timestamps to developersupport@visma.com?

The time seems like it might coincide with when an Apache proxy was added on our side. 

Most of these orders ain't big 2-3 rows, I have sent the info via mail.

To clarify that most calls works just fine but some (about 10-20) fails during 24h.

by Anders_Traventus

Hi,

When looking deeper into this it looks like this happens mostly on POST to the salesorder endpoint.

As far as we can see it seams to begun around 23:00 the 20th of february.

by Anders_Traventus

Hi, 

I can´t see any pattern in the errors, seams random to me. Both in the middle of the night and at day time. I know we had som problems like this some year ago, and then it was related to some loadbalancer I think. 

Around this time today we had error Mar 02 09:30:22, seams it mostly related to adding orders.

/Anders

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

Do you happen to have a time for when this started to happen and how often this happens?

Are you seeing it happen on certain endpoints or generally?