My Products
Help
RSkoog
CONTRIBUTOR **

Populating testcompany with data

by RSkoog

Hi there!

Im about to start to develop a new app for one of our clients running Visma.net.

The client has created a new test-company for us to develope against. But when it comes to populating it with data, what is the best practise there?
One of the mainfunctions in the app is to show statistics over historic invoices and orders so it would have been great if you actually could have initiated the testcompany with the same data as the live production company in visma. Can this be done? If not, is there any workaround?

5 REPLIES 5

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

As of now there is no automated process of filling a test company with data, you're welcome to post this as an idea in the "Ideas" section. The development team checks and adds suggestions to their development backlog from that section, it also allows other community members to vote for your idea.

On the development forum we deal with the Visma.Net Financials API and it's endpoints, as this query is regarding the data in the ERP system, and would need confirmation from the data owner, we would recommend that you ask your customer to check this with the ERP support. 

RSkoog
CONTRIBUTOR **

by RSkoog

Ok!
Then I will post it in the Ideas section.

Btw, the reason I asked the question here is because the ERP support asked me to do that so what you suggesting would create an amazing feedback loop 😄

by Magnus Johnsen

I see, do you happen to have your ticket number and we'll check with them.

Thank you. 

RSkoog
CONTRIBUTOR **

by RSkoog

Sure! 1708691

Accepted solution
Magnus Johnsen
VISMA

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to copy the data from one company to another, it is possible to copy template data & configurations though.