My Products
Help
RMaarssen
CONTRIBUTOR *

Post a supplier with a supplier number with leading spaces causing issues in the ERP

by RMaarssen (Updated ‎11-01-2021 12:55 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Post a supplier with a supplier number with leading spaces can not be used anymore.

"1234" works, but " 1234" cannot be used anymore.

https://integration.visma.net/API/controller/api/v1/supplier

{
"number" : {
"value" : " 1234" },
"name" : {
"value" : "Elvy" }

}

2020-11-04_15-20-26.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎04-11-2020 15:27 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hello,

could you please enlighten us about why would you need to create a supplier with leading spaces via API which is also not possible to manually create in the UI ? 

RMaarssen
CONTRIBUTOR *

by RMaarssen (Updated ‎04-11-2020 15:55 by RMaarssen )

Hello,

Can you please remove supplier "   1234" and "   12312" for me from the database ?

Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎11-01-2021 12:56 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hello, 

thank you for the clarification, we confirm that there is an issue with validation on SupplierNumber while sending POST request via API. This is currently allowed and causing erroneous / malformed records in the Financials ERP. 

We neither have access to your company nor DB. If you could email us informing your Company name and ID (developersupport@visma.com), we can check possibilities with the infrastructure team about how these records can be removed from your company.

[Release Notes] - Visma.Net API 8.27 - 17.11.2020

RMaarssen
CONTRIBUTOR *

by RMaarssen

Hello,

I don't need to, but i encountered the problem from the Elvy application while developing. So i posted it here. Maybe adjust the API so the validation checks for this issue.