My Products
Help
anton123
CONTRIBUTOR *

Postpone stock deduction

by anton123

This is a general question as I do not really know how to proceed or where else to ask for help regarding this issue.

The problem we encounter  is that we can sometimes handle SalesOrders that are created by the customer today but should be delivered to the customer in for example 6 months.

If we submit the order directly to Visma, this books up the stock for the relevant articles, which means that we cannot sell any of these to other customers between now and up until 6 months.

If I were to put the order on hold. Would this avoid the items being booked up?
Or what exactly does it mean when an order is marked as on hold. What does that flag mean in practice?

If it cannot be achieved by marking the order as on hold. Is there anywhere we can specify a date or similar for when the goods should be deducted from the stock balance?

Or is the solution that we would actually have to wait to send the order to Visma.net until it is time for the stock to be deducted?

1 REPLY 1
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello Anton, for such cases, there are fields on the Sales Order screen 

- Requested on: In the Requested on field, specify the date when the customer wants to receive the order.
requestedon_Sales orders.jpg

- If with a shipment, 
On the Delivery settings tab, "Scheduled shipment" field the date when the shipment of this order is scheduled; by default, it is the Requested on date minus the lead days for this customer.
Change the date if needed. In the Shipping rule field, notice the default shipping rule used for this customer. Select another rule if needed.
shipment_Sales orders.jpg