My Products
Help
Anonymous
Not applicable

Redirect_URL query for integration

by Anonymous

I read the PDF, in which it states the resource Owner has to approve the application request before the code and state will be sent to redirect URL.

1. Is the Get Authorization call asynchronous as your server needs to get the resource owner approval? And is there a max time we need to wait?
  2. Since the token doesn't expire, will this be a one time setup for Test and then Production?
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

by Anonymous (Updated ‎12-11-2020 14:22 ( )

Following the procedure from this article helped me understand the OAuth 2.0 authentication: https://community.visma.com/t5/Knowledge-base-in-Developers/Generating-token-with-oAuth2-for-Visma-N...

As for your questions:
1. The authorization is initiated by the client, perhaps caused by clicking on a link or following a redirect response from your application. The main point is: There is no reason for your application to "actively wait" for the OAuth 2.0 response with the grant code. Instead you provide a POST endpoint as redirect URI that acts on incoming requests.

2. Yes, the tokens are only set to expire when you replace them. So you could just obtain a token once, and use it forever if you like.

Anonymous
Not applicable

by Anonymous

Thank you both! 

It's clear now

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

Please read this article: 

Here we go through these questions, provide a code example for oAuth 2.0 in C# as well as provide other information that is beneficial for you to get started.

Please let us know if there is anything else you wonder about after having a look at this.

Thank you.