My Products
Help
SierdW
PARTNER

Retrieving changed stock quantities

by SierdW

We have a potential customer who has a lot (>100.000) of stock articles. This customer has a webshop and a cash registry which need to be integrated with the Visma.Net Erp Api. Stock should be managed in Visma.Net, webshop and cash registry should get updated stock quantities at least once a day (nightly).

What is the best practice for this situation since:

• Every day about 250 products will get modified stock quantities (from webshop or cash registry)
  • Stock quantities are only available from the InventorySummary endpoint which needs to be invoked for each article
  • There is no method or filter to retrieve the articles with modified stock
  • We have a limit of 15000 requests per hour

Based on the points above, I assume we have to query all articles, invoke the InventorySummary endpoint for each article, but not more than 15000 times per hour?

2 REPLIES 2
Accepted solution
Magnus Johnsen
VISMA

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

The absolute best way would be to get the inventory availability via the neXtgen SalesOrder service.

The inventory endpoint which provides the inventorySummary has a lastModifiedDateTime parameter in the neXtgen service.

Getting started with the first neXtGen service: Visma.net ERP Sales Order API

In the current api, the best approach would probably be to call the regular inventory endpoint with the availabilityLastModifiedDateTime & availabilityLastModifiedDateTimeCondition parameters and then get every inventorySummary for the items that are in the initial dataset. 

SierdW
PARTNER

by SierdW

Hi Magnus,

I wasn't aware of the fact that availabilityLastModifiedDateTime was filtering on modified stock quantities, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I will consider using the neXtGen service!

Thanks,

Sierd