In the "Visma.net ERP API Webhooks Setup ...." documentation there is said that:
Notifications are sent only once. If the receiver (subscription webhookUri) is not available the notification is not automatically resent.
In an answer Yildirim gave to Timo_O a year later, 2021-01-29, he mentions that:
Such as checking registered hook_uri > attempts to deliver > if it fails, trying up to 5 times > if it's still not delivered then log the notification so that can be fetched via "/notification/failed" endpoint.
Now to the questions:
- Are we talking about different things here?
- Is there a retry mechanism for webhooks that fails?
- And if so, what is the time lapse between the retry?
Solved! Go to Solution.
@Stefan Hult wrote:
1)Are we talking about different things here?
2) Is there a retry mechanism for webhooks that fails?
3) And if so, what is the time lapse between the retry?
I believe you're referring to Some questions about Webhook/notification
1) No, this is covered under retry-mechanism.
2)as design yes, there's supposed to be a retry mechanism but currently, this is disabled due to technical issues, therefore, "/notification/failed" endpoint does not log these failed attempts.
3) Currently, we don't have information about the Timespan before retry performed for a failed notification. We'll check this out and share the details.
Unfortunately, the development plan hasn't emerged yet, and we're still waiting for the progress to be able to share more information on this accordingly. We'll be able to clarify the details once it's done.
Copyright © 2019 Visma.com. All rights reserved.