My Products
Help
popandepo
CONTRIBUTOR **

context endpoint gone in swagger doc for service api + invalid scope

by popandepo

I have old code that used the context endpoint to check if the app has access to and can connect to vismanet. This was using the old authentication method with vni.

After I rewrote it to use Visma Connect machine-to-machine, the context endpoint no longer works. I get a 401 invalid scope error. I tried adding financialstasks, but token-gen failed then.

Is there a fix for this or plans to fix the endpoint? Or is there another endpoint I can use just to check that the authentication I'm sending is correct and that Visma is up and running?

Thank you very much!
-Marius

scopes i used:
[

"vismanet_erp_service_api:create",

"vismanet_erp_service_api:delete",

"vismanet_erp_service_api:read",

"vismanet_erp_service_api:update"

]

2 REPLIES 2

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

The context endpoint is not used in the new authentication as you are now just connected to a tenant.

We recommend that you read through this:
Getting started with Visma Developer Portal

Accepted solution
guidol
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by guidol (Updated ‎14-12-2023 16:48 by guidol )

Still you'd like to know who you are connected to. As an ISV you do not know on beforehand who connects to your application, so some context is useful. You can get that though a call to https://connect.visma.com/connect/userinfo, although that needs openid scopes to be present. For Visma .net ERP you can call `controller/api/v1/organization`, which will yield one single company.