My Products
Help
gerrit_deglee
CONTRIBUTOR **

metadata totalcount missing in Customer endpoint

by gerrit_deglee (Updated ‎12-02-2021 12:27 by Yıldırım VISMA )

HI, we noticed the metadata.totalcount is missing in the customer endpoint since tonight. We use it to verify we have all records.

Thanks,

Gerrit

11 REPLIES 11
Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎10-02-2021 14:04 by Yıldırım VISMA )

The issue regarding filtering with Attributes while using Pagination, 

The problem is the same as for inventory and supplier endpoint. (Attributes & Pagination) The reason for the error is that the endpoints are implemented with "join" in memory - fetched first all attributes based on the filter and then skipped all inventories, customers and supplier which are not connected to the selected attributes. This operation is done by first getting all inventories, customer or supplier based on pagination information and then joined in memory (instead of joining attributes to the specific tables)

The solution for the problem is to create new endpoints (v2) for inventory , customer and supplier where SQL is used to join attributes.

So we're still waiting for the roadmap to be finalized before announcing when this can be fixed. 

@Trygve Storrønningen1 wrote:

Honestly I personally feel more like a child trying to get the attention of grown up Visma to tell how painful this is for our integrations, customers and business, but after 5 months still not enough attention and priority to be solved.

I believe everyone is aware of the problem, yours and other ISVs feedback have been obviously heard, conveyed and recognized.

This is, as I mentioned above, a matter of roadmap planning. 

If you would like to emphasize this problem once again , you can contact Partner Service from your market (Product Managers) or share your opinion in the #ext-visma-partner-info that you're a guest-member.

Thanks.

Florian Haase
PARTNER

by Florian Haase

Thank you Yildirim,

that sounds like a good plan. We will implement these endpoints as soon as they are available.

Florian

by Yıldırım

Thanks, Florian, and we're sorry for the issues this has caused.

Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello, 

Query refactoring for GET:Customer - Pagination has been revoked. Now, TotalCount is included in the Payload again. Performance Improvement will be reviewed once the metaData issue resolved.

GET.png

Please inform us if you still don't receive the metadata while using the pagination.

Florian Haase
PARTNER

by Florian Haase

Thank you, works again - that was nice. We investigated how to get around that. But we introduced this because when you are filtering on attributes you can get blank pages within the total result (the number of total pages will still be the same but the customers which don't match the filter are deleted from the pages). Therefore we don't know when to stop to fetch the next Page.  I don't know how others have implemented this, but to trust on that a blank page indicates the last page is not working in the end... (or is this behaviour changed in the meanwhile?)

@Florian Haase  skrev:

Thank you, works again - that was nice. We investigated how to get around that. But we introduced this because when you are filtering on attributes you can get blank pages within the total result (the number of total pages will still be the same but the customers which don't match the filter are deleted from the pages). Therefore we don't know when to stop to fetch the next Page.  I don't know how others have implemented this, but to trust on that a blank page indicates the last page is not working in the end... (or is this behaviour changed in the meanwhile?)

We are depended on this working to do smart and effective imports to Gurusoft eCommerce. Now we are doing full imports, it is sadly the only way. This is our big pain since it stopped working in september 2020. 

Honestly I personally feel more like a child trying to get the attention of grown up Visma to tell how painful this is for our integrations, customers and business, but after 5 months still not enough attention and priority to be solved.

Florian Haase
PARTNER

by Florian Haase

That was not good. Our standard-accessors are using these metadata to calculate number of total pages. We changed this a while ago from fetching until we get an empty json. So our integration is down just now. We have to develop a workaround/fallback-strategy now and publish a new version tonight, I guess we are faster in fixing this on our side than Visma 🙂 ....

by Anders_Traventus

Hi,

This is an urgent problem for our implementation too, since we use metadata to calculate how many pages we shall fetch. This results in that we only fetches one page not getting all customers.

Hello Anders, 
Can you send us your request URL that you're using for Customer Endpoint w pagination ? 

by Yıldırım

Hello, 

this is a known issue that has been occurred with the improvement case (GET Customer) that is implemented in [Release Notes] - Visma.Net API 8.36.0 - 09.02.2021

Our team is currently investigating the root cause, we'll provide further information as they become available.
- When any filtering used together with Pagination no metaData array returned to the response payload. (MaxPageSize & TotalCount)

Thanks.