My Products
Help
TellusIT
PARTNER

Event: Inventory_changed

by TellusIT (Updated ‎01-06-2021 16:13 by Yıldırım VISMA )

There is no event Inventory_changed, so we had to implement a heavy syncronization engine to update a our third party system - a POS system - itself with SWAGGER API. Many third party systems need to have an updated inventory balance. POS systems, webshops etc.. Probably the most popular systems to integrate to. A webhook from changing the inventory seems a logical improvement. Even I would say I am surprised it does not exist already. As a beginner to web development I have read over and a over again, that I should avoid polling. And what happens. I am polling because the appropriate webhook doesn't exist. Thank you for listening.

4 Comments
SKAU AS
CONTRIBUTOR ***
by SKAU AS

This exsist. But you also need to activate the webhook for the inventory items in the UI. 

You need to create this under subscription endpoint. 

{ "id": 0000, "event": "inventoryitem_changed", "hookUri": "https://xxxxx" } ]

TellusIT
PARTNER
by TellusIT

Sorry, but there is no event for Inventory Balance. There is a lastmodifieddate under warehousedetails in the inventoryitem_changed. But no webhook. This feature is highly wanted.

SKAU AS
CONTRIBUTOR ***
by SKAU AS

Ok then i understand. A webhook for this would be nice:) 

Yıldırım
VISMA
by Yıldırım (Updated ‎01-06-2021 16:13 by Yıldırım VISMA )
Status changed to: Status: In backlog

Hello, 

thank you for your input. This would be definitely a lucrative function which would provide better experience and technical results for both sides. 

There is a thread that where we're gathering feedback about how the new Inventory Summary Endpoint should be refactored in order to be able to meet Client's integration expectations in a better way. Input wanted: Change of endpoint InventorySummary

-Request: Webhooks support for "inventorySummary" endpoint. 

We've also emphasized the importance of having webhook support on this endpoint once again and this improvement request is already in our backlog. 

Please feel free to share your comments under the aforementioned thread as well.
Thank you.