My Products
Help
RadekK
CONTRIBUTOR **

Get inventory - salesCategories show description, not id

by RadekK

Hi,

The salesCategories array in inventory endpoint contains sales category description, but it should contain id.

For example if you have more than one category with the same name, but different parent, it's not possible to know, to which category an item belongs to.

Please test it and let me know if it's possible for this field to contain categoryId rather than description.

Kind regards,

Radek Kaczorowski

10 Comments
by Magnus Johnsen (Updated ‎18-09-2020 13:56 by Magnus Johnsen VISMA )

Hi,

Could you please take a screenshot of what value you expect to show up?

From our end is looks like it shows the correct value(as per UI information):

2020-09-18 13_53_00-Stock items.png2020-09-18 13_53_28-Item sales categories.png2020-09-18 13_54_04-Postman.png

RadekK
CONTRIBUTOR **
by RadekK

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for a quick reply.

The value shown is 'description', but I'd also like to see actual 'categoryId' like from SalesCategory endpoint

Let's say that that you have the following category tree:

Magnus Test

Test

Magnus Test 2

Test

That means we have two subcategories called 'Test', but from the API we don't know if the item belongs to 'Magnus Test' or 'Magnus Test 2' parent category.

Kind regards,

Radek Kaczorowski

by Magnus Johnsen (Updated ‎18-09-2020 14:31 by Magnus Johnsen VISMA )

Hi,

We have opened a case with the development team for them to review.

For future suggestions to changes, we would recommend that you post it in the "Ideas" part of the forum, other users votes in this section will influence the priority the development team has on implementing the changes.

We will move the post there. 

Progress in this case will be posted in this thread. 

RadekK
CONTRIBUTOR **
by RadekK

Hi Magnus,

Thanks!

I'd classify this as a bug, because basing on API documentation I'd expect salesCategories:categoryId to return an actual id, which I can then match with data from SalesCategories endpoint. Instead, I get an equivalent of category description.

Kind regards,

Radek Kaczorowski

Anonymous
Not applicable
by Anonymous

I agree with RadekK that this should be classified as a bug, noone would expect that "categoryId" does not contain the category Id but rather the category description.

Thomas Mostrom
CHAMPION ***
by Thomas Mostrom

It would essential that we can use the full functionality in Visma.net to support e-platforms seamlessly and not need to administrate in different platforms.

Example of issue we have regarding use for a Customer
Moped Honda
    * Electric

* 12 volt

* 24 volt
    * Gasoline
Moped Yamaha
    * Electric

* 12 volt
    * Gasoline
Moped Suzuki
    * Electric
    * Gasoline

Gabriella Hennings
CHAMPION *
by Gabriella Hennings

Hi 

Do we have any news concerning this bug?

It makes it difficult when making integrations against e-commerce platforms among others.

Florian Haase
PARTNER
by Florian Haase

Hi,

got just over the same problem here and agree with the postings in the thread. Its more important to get the ID instead of the name. But maybe both would be nice. 

But how to fix this without breaking existing integrations is a good question... I have to integrate now based on what I get now otherwise i will get stuck here  🙂

by Thomas Skjørten
Status changed to: Status: In backlog

by Magnus Johnsen
Status changed to: Status: Delivered

This is planned to be included in the 9.32.0 release [31/1/23]:

Previously, the "salesCategories" field in Inventory endpoint returned only sales category description. This has now been changed so that the endpoint will return both the category ID and the category description.