My Products
Help

Apparent breaking change in directdebit as of 6 feb 2024

by ReinderReinders

Hi,

I think a breaking change was introduced on the /controller/api/v1/customer/{customerCode}/directdebit endpoint by the Release of 6 feb 2024.

Previously, this API call returned all direct debit lines present on a Customer. As of present, a significant amount (up to 80%) of the present direct debit lines in our Visma.net instance are no longer returned. I have not yet found a pattern in which data is/is not returned, but it looks like all data before a certain date (2024?) is not returned any more.

ReinderReinders_0-1707737139413.png

I have seen no mention of this endpoint in the Release notes. What could be the case here?

Regards,

Reinder

12 REPLIES 12
Michel V
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Michel V

Hi any updates on this problem? We have the same issue with one of our application which creates direct debit lines.

by ReinderReinders

I have reported it on the (dutch) forum as requested by Marten Voort above: https://visma-software-nl.my.site.com/supportportal/s/case/5005q00000bLMYJAA4/breaking-change-in-dir...

case number: 00064187

It is currently being handled.

by ReinderReinders

Edit: I have compared our current state in our Visma.net instance with what is returned by the API. All direct debit lines until (including) 01-01-2024 are no longer returned. A direct debit line from 02-01-2024 IS returned.

Edit: I have managed to track down the problem.

ReinderReinders_0-1707738615558.png

Only direct debit lines with a branch ID are returned.

It was on our request that the API (create direct debit line) was extended with the branch ID field.

We requested this in the following JIRA issue: https://jira.visma.com/browse/SIGMA-59800

I assume that someone overlooked a filter of some kind when implementing this change.

With regards,

Reinder

Marten Voort
VISMA

Hi Reinder, thx for reporting! I have reproduced this situation. Could you please create a case in the customer portal with a reference to this post? I will create a development case and link it to the support case. For the releveant portal, please see https://community.visma.com/t5/Forum-in-Developers-Visma-net/Update-on-Visma-net-ERP-API-Support-cha...

Michel V
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Michel V

Hi Marten,

Any news? This issue is really annoying for multiple of our customers. We cannot set the 'branch' see this idea.  Because of this issue a lot of direct debit lines get created because we cannot check anymore if the debtor has any because the work around is "Empty branch on the direct debit line so you can select them on the invoice". 

by sanderdercksen

hi Michel,

The problem is not related for not being able to set the branch. It's only the GET that will not return mandated without branch. So not sure if you are talking about the same issue?

Michel V
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Michel V

Hi Sander,
No we are talking about this issue they have something in common and thats the branch number. If we would be able to set the branch number on the line, this issue would be less damaging
But i would like a status update regarding this issue. 

by sanderdercksen

Regarding the GET; this will be solved in 9.83 (planned 27-02)

But as said there are no known issues on the POST for directdebit lines with branch

Michel V
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Michel V (Updated ‎23-02-2024 14:37 by Michel V )

I am not authorised for the new customer portal...

ReinderReinders_0-1707815695886.png

Marten Voort
VISMA

Ok, you should have rights now. Could you try again?