My Products
Help
adrianm
PARTNER

Question on recent swagger changes

by adrianm

I noticed the swagger content has changed recently in many ways.

Types are now called DtoValueOfXXX, DtoValueOfNullableOfXXX, BasePaginationOfXXX instead of DtoValue[XXX], DtoValue[Nullable[XXX]], Nullable[XXX], BasePagination[XXX].

Is there a reason for this since it is kind of a big deal to rename all types in an API?

Another minor thing is the "tags" property of method. Earlier they referred to the endpoint, like "Account", "Customer" etc. This made it easy to group all methods in an endpoint.

Now the tag is the same as the path, e.g. "api/v1/customer/{customercd}/contact" for most methods but not all. "Event", "Security", "Context" (and other) methods still has the endpoint as tag.

What is the preferred way now to group methods by endpoint? It is possible to use the first part of the path but then you lose camelcasing, "salesorderbasic" instead of "SalesOrderBasic"

4 REPLIES 4
Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎10-09-2021 14:28 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hello,

we value your feedback and have therefore decided to roll back to the look and feel of previous swagger version

Visma.net Financials API updates for version 8.65.0 (September 2021)

Accepted solution
Magnus Johnsen
VISMA

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

The reason for the changes was that one of the plugins we used for generating the swagger page had been updated and everything became grouped on exact resource.

In the next release we are changing it back to be grouped on controller. 

Removing [XXX] from the type names was intentional as they are illegal type names in most programming languages.

adrianm
PARTNER

by adrianm

Thanks for coming back.

Just curious why you don't consider renaming every type in the API a breaking change or even worth mentioning in the release notes?

But I assume it is interesting to know that I am the only one in the community using auto-generated code.

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi,

We'll check what was changed and why with the development teams and get back to you. 

Thank you.