My Products
Help
omelhus
PARTNER

Unable to upload journal transaction attachments for module ModuleIN

by omelhus (Updated ‎14-10-2021 12:14 by omelhus PARTNER )

Hey,

I'm unable to upload attachments to journal transactions for batches with the module "ModuleIN". "ModuleGL" works just fine.

I've tested in the web ui and I'm able to upload attachments perfectly fine.

When I try to upload an attachment to a journalTransaction with "ModuleIN" i receive a status 400 with a json body stating { "message": "Journal transaction not found: NN" }.

I have not tested with other modules.

8 REPLIES 8
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello, 

this has been planned to be implemented in Visma.net Financials API updates for version 8.74.0 (November 2021)

Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello, just an update on the implementation plan, API will be following the ERP Financials UI structure so that the team is planning to extend the functionality of the journal transaction endpoint to cover attachment processes per Ledger / document type available. 

omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus

Perfect, thanks!

This also makes more sense as I’m able to get any ledger/ documenttype from the endpoint.

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Definitely Ole, this has also been noted 👍

Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello, we're able to reproduce the issue.

It appears all other Journal Transaction Modules than the General Ledger Type being returned the error "JT not found". This issue has been elevated to the relevant team to be fixed.  Thank you for reporting this out. 

POST > https://integration.visma.net/API/controller/api/v2/journaltransaction/xxxx/attachment
General Ledger - OK 
Supplier Ledger - Failed
Customer Ledger - Failed

Currency Management - Failed

Cash Management - Failed
Inventory - Failed 

omelhus
PARTNER

by omelhus

Thanks mate!

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎19-10-2021 12:49 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Thanks, Ole ! 

Background

Journal transactions can only be created for the workspace/module General ledger (also from UI). The endpoint JournalTransactionV2 is created based on this principle. Other workspaces/modules documents are created in respective module (example AR, AP, IN etc) and just ends up in Journal transactions. The attachments (for example customer invoice) are created in these worksapces/modules but not visible and not following to the Journal transaction document.

So right now the design is only to be able to add Journal transaction attachments for General ledger. For example, it's possible to have same/colliding journalTransactionNumber for General ledger and other modules. In Swagger, there is right now missing the possibility to provide Workspace/module as parameter to handle this scenario.

On the other hand, from UI it's possible to add attachments in Journal transactions (both header and line) for transactions already created from other modules. One example is that You can use the customer invoice file and add it to the journal transaction. 

Conclusion

Request of extending the functionality.

Solution:

1. Extend the POST /api/v2/journaltransaction/{journalTransactionNumber}/attachment and 
    POST /api/v2/journaltransaction/{journalTransactionNumber}/{lineNumber}/attachment to be able to add attachments for other workspaces than GL as well

2. Update API documentation to clarify this is only possible to the workspace GL

To be discussed/decided by the team.

by Magnus Johnsen

Hi!

We'll have a look and get back to you.