My Products
Help
Snuffsis
CONTRIBUTOR ***

Webhook notifications are not coming in

by Snuffsis

We have started having issues with webhooknotifications not being sent out from visma.

The last one we recieved (as we also consumed and responded back to it per the screenshot) was in 2021-09-20 

Snuffsis_0-1634038710699.png

The rest of the integration is working as it should with the other api requests we're asking visma.net for.

We have tried changing the url for the notification in question (salesorder_changed) to a webhook.site test link, but there is nothing reaching that website either when we're creating new orders and updating it as completed, in either the test company or the live company. 

We have tried to manually run queries against both webhook.site and our own webhook endpoint and that works fine. It's just the messages coming from visma.net that appears to have stopped coming, even though the orders all say that a message has been sent.

Snuffsis_1-1634038901001.png

This is the latest order, and as you can see, it hasn't been marked as consumed because we haven't gotten any webhook to respond back to.

We're now wondering whether its an issue related to our companies themselves (even though they worked fine up until september 21st) or if its something on your end?

12 REPLIES 12
Snuffsis
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Snuffsis

I have another question that is related to this flow as well.

When I am trying out the "Get notifications filtered by event type and/or date." endpoint to retrieve all notifications, it just keeps waiting for a response, both in swagger and postman. 

The other two endpoints work fine, but not the one that would give us a list of, i presume, all notifications that has been sent?

Would be useful in this case so that we can handle these notifications after the fact.

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Notifications should be filtered with a valid event_type and date-range, or based on Notification ID.

notification.png

Snuffsis
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Snuffsis

I have tried that, both with the name of the event that is used for setting up a subscription, as well as the name in the "Event" field in the message.

our request in postman looks like this as an example, is this not the correct type of eventType? 

{{baseUrl}}/resources/v1/notification?eventType=salesorder_changed&dateFrom=2021-09-01 00:00:00&dateTo=2021-10-11 00:00:00

I also tried using "SalesOrder_Status_Changed" as it says in the "Event:" field in the message in the webview, but then i got "Invalid parameter exception: eventType".

When I do not get invalid parameter exception, it is just sending the request forever with no return being provided.

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım

Hello, 

EventTypes can be received via the GET > 

https://integration.visma.net/API/resources/v1/event

Example Request:

https://integration.visma.net/API/resources/v1/notification?eventType=arinvoice_changed&dateFrom=2021-10-01 00:00:00&dateTo=2021-10-13 00:00:00

Although we provide the correct parameters, unfortunately, Notification Endpoint is underperforming at the moment. Currently, there are issues with the DB and the amount of data. This has been reported to the team.  

An alternative might be getting the data itself  for the range "2021-09-01  to 2021-10-11" from the related endpoint.

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎12-10-2021 15:47 by Yıldırım VISMA )

According to our logs,  in the last 14 days there were 118 webhooks sent for subscriptionId:3133 

From today, 

today.png2021-10-12 15_16_33-Graylog.png

for subscriptionId:3986

2021-10-12 15_23_13-Graylog.png

Snuffsis
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Snuffsis (Updated ‎12-10-2021 15:35 by Snuffsis )

Okay, but nothing is reaching us, or even reaching the webhook.site that we setup for our test company.

If you check the testcompany i mentioned below, what does it say there?

Because if you check the URL for the webhook.site in that subscription, There should be at least one message for a salesorder there that would say that it has been completed. But nothing except for the two testmessages i sent with postman is there.

I do see that the clientId you show is our testclient, and not the production one i wrote below, does that make any difference here?

EDIT: The link for the webhook.site you want is https://webhook.site/#!/b7fa0b85-0ea6-4756-98bb-bde0253d7554/d061d0e4-ff0e-49c6-bc08-d3cc4dbd01a8/1 that will let you see in the browser.

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎12-10-2021 15:37 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Those mentioned subscriptions are registered with the "telefackhandel_test_25saf7" and not the one you've informed us about (telefackhandel_prod_6upqts)

• subscriptionId: 3133 & 3986
  • clientID: telefackhandel_test_25saf7

Also, the hookUri registered for the SubcriptionID: 3986 is: https://webhook.site/b7fa0b85-0ea6-4756-98bb-bde0253d7554

Snuffsis
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Snuffsis (Updated ‎12-10-2021 15:38 by Snuffsis )

I updated the post above with the correct link that will give you the browserview for the hookuri and not just the endpoint for performing operations against.

Check the link above.

Okay, that seems strange that they're registered with the test client, as I should have registered them with the production client.

Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎12-10-2021 15:52 by Yıldırım VISMA )

@Snuffsis wrote:

I updated the post above with the correct link that will give you the browserview for the hookuri and not just the endpoint for performing operations against.

Check the link above.

@Snuffsis wrote:

Because if you check the URL for the webhook.site in that subscription, There should be at least one message for a salesorder there that would say that it has been completed. But nothing except for the two testmessages i sent with postman is there.

I've checked the link: https://webhook.site/#!/b7fa0b85-0ea6-4756-98bb-bde0253d7554/d061d0e4-ff0e-49c6-bc08-d3cc4dbd01a8/1 

and "2" Sales Order Status Update webhook notification can be seen there and sent for subscriptionId:3986, as it's shared above from our logs.

2021-10-12 15_23_13-Graylog.png

From Webhook.site for subscriptionId: 3986

1) 
SO1.png

2)

SO2.png

Snuffsis
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Snuffsis

Okay, That didn't show for me before, it shows now after a third refresh of the page.

Then the problem should lie with our webservice possibly not receiving the messages, as it is being sent correctly from you guys. I will have to look with our IT support and see if something on our end has changed, as it did work for us up until the 20th of september.

Thanks for the help.

Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎12-10-2021 14:13 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hello, 

could you share your -clientId -event(salesorder_changed) -subscriptionId  -companyID ? 

Snuffsis
CONTRIBUTOR ***

by Snuffsis

For the test company:

-clientId: telefackhandel_prod_6upqts

-subscriptionId: 3986
-companyId: 3260198

For the live company:
-clientId: telefackhandel_prod_6upqts
-subscriptionId: 3133
-companyId: 3260229