My Products
Help
Gabriella Hennings
CHAMPION *

manual invoice numbering through API and automatic numbering in visma.net GUI

by Gabriella Hennings (Updated ‎30-03-2021 10:48 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hi 

In visma.net there is one setting for numbering of invoice etc, which says manul numbering when making an import. (they have automatic numbering when creating in gui)

Is it then possible to push a custom invoice number for the invoice when creating an invoice through the API? 

I have tried by setting the field ReferenceNumber when posting the invoice, but it doesn't get the result I expect. The invoice number is still getting set by visma and not through the values from the API request. 

2021-03-19 16_12_04-Greenshot image editor.png

Best regards
Gabriella Hennings
Cloud Connection AB
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted solution
Yıldırım
VISMA

by Yıldırım (Updated ‎19-03-2021 17:03 by Yıldırım VISMA )

Hello, 

This feature is currently available on the following endpoints, so please make sure you are using the "overrideNumberseries" on POST CustomerInvoice V2.

POST Customer
POST CustomerDebitNote V2
POST SalesOrder
POST Supplier
POST Journal Transaction V2
POST PurchaseOrder
POST Supplier Invoice
POST CustomerCreditNote V2
POST CustomerInvoice V2

Visma.net Financials API updates for version 8.25 (September 2020)

Override number series for POST CustomerInvoice V2
You are now able to override the number series of a customer invoice by specifying the field overrideNumberSeries=true when creating a customer invoice. This functionality has to be enabled in the Number series (CS201010) window by selecting option Allow manual numbering on imports. You also can specify a longer customer invoice number when using overrideNumberSeries than what is specified in number series for customer invoice. 

1-Set Allow manual numbering on imports = true on the UI
2-Set
 "overrideNumberSeries": {
    "value": true
  },
3-Add 
 "referenceNumber": {
    "value": "string"
  },

by Magnus Johnsen (Updated ‎19-03-2021 16:25 by Magnus Johnsen VISMA )

Hi,

To be able to not use the automatic number series when posting via the API you need to include the field:

"overrideNumberSeries": {
    "value": true
  },

This allow you to post the invoice with the number you specify in the referenceNumber field.